Friday, November 22, 2013

TGIF: Little Things

Happy Friday--OH Happy Friday!!!!  With the hubs working a regular weekday schedule, I have come to covet our time with him on the weekend.  Some running on the weekends is inevitable for us, but we always try to have at least a little laid back, relaxing time together as a family.  This often involves a movie, or the Hubs & the Big Girl playing video games.  I'm always just sooooo glad when Friday rolls around!

Today one of our good buds stole the Toddler and I away from the house and it was DIVINE!  Some adult conversation intertwined with wandering around Tuesday Mornings & Home Goods.....  I swear I have product induced ADD in these places...  I cannot focus.  So much to look at!  Household goods--sooooo shiny!  

And I grabbed these pretties!

Yeah, that's right!  Rainbow flower dishwashing gloves--EEEEEE!!!!

The rainbow flowers just make me giddy happy!  I've been struggling with the weather change and doing dishes causing my hands to feel so awful and several friends suggested rubber gloves.  I've never used rubber gloves--I knew I wanted some pretty ones but they didn't have the pretty ones at Target so I started with blue Clorox ones.  They felt really short and they discolored quickly.  However, I DID like the grippy fingertip parts!  These pretties don't have grippy fingertips but I don't care--those cute springy flowers make me smile!

***Around the same time I accidentally knocked our friend in the face with a mop....  Ah, guess I should have warned her of the hazards of shopping with a household-product loving blind chick (sorry friend... more sorry that I'm still laughing about it!  That's not very nice of me!)***

A few small bits of work in progress.....

I know it's not yet Thanksgiving--but I dislike the rushed process of decorating, and frankly I ADORE the decor of the holiday season.  So, we're getting started around here....

The ledge decoration is incomplete, but it's off to a good start.  The large gifts atop the ledge are both just empty boxes wrapped in pretty coordinating paper we all picked out together.  The "JOY" letters are made from pizza boxes!  The "J" and "Y" are made from the top cover of two large take'n'bake pizza boxes.  The "O" was made from the circular pizza piece--the take'n'bake pizzas we buy are wrapped in plastic and we place the cooked pizza on a baking stone, so the circle stays nice and clean!  I cut them to size and shape, and wrapped them with the same paper to coordinate with the large gifts.  
Putting this lovely large ledge to good use!

 It makes me smile just bringing out some of our annual traditional holiday decorations.  I love how bold red and gold are together.  We haven't determined exactly how all holiday decorations will be done around the new house yet, but we're getting there.  I'm so excited to have our Christmas tree in the large picture window in our living room and garland on our upstairs banisters!  Almost everything about this season makes me as giddy as a little child!

Red & Gold--Beautiful & Bold
Now, off to watch a movie with the family.....
Enjoy the little things this weekend friends!

-Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment